Monday, September 3, 2018
JAPA Presentation: THE DIRECTOR OF PERFORMANCE
JOURNEY ACADEMY OF PERFORMING ARTS
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 9 2018 - NOON SLT
PRESENTATION BY KLARK HARVY - VIRTUOSO PERFORMANCE DIRECTOR AND JAPA PRINCIPAL
" THE DIRECTOR OF PERFORMANCE "
Please Note -
This is about becoming a Director of a Dance Troupe and managing a full Show Production, and Theatre Team.
This is NOT about using the Spot On PERFORMANCE DIRECTOR Automotive Tool.
THE PRESENTATION WILL INCLUDE;
- What makes a great Director of Performance?
- What skills do we need to be successful as a Director?
- What is the Performance Director's Role?
- How do we initially gather a supportive and reliable Team?
- How do we form a vision for a show?
- How do we cultivate effective communication?
- How do we plan a full show?
- How do we manage Equality and Diversity?
- How do we evaluate ourselves and others effectively?
- How do we give a positive and constructive critique?
- How do we grow a productive and talented Team?
- How do we become recognized and accepted as a Performance Director?
- How do we set a Charter for our group?
- How do we offer Guidance and Development for our Team Members?
- How can we be sure our advice or opinion is worthy and respected?
- What boundaries do we set within our group?
- How do we deal with misconduct within our group?
- How do we consider the Health and Safety of our group?
- How do we make people listen to what we say and follow the rules we set?
- How do we remain focused, and set realistic time frames and targets for a show?
- How do we keep our cool and NOT go insane!
There will also be time for any questions at the end of the Presentation
ALL are welcome to attend, but it will be pitched towards experienced dancers who wish to create their own group, or current Dance Troupe Directors, who wish to hear a different take on management, to help improve and develop their existing team.
SUNDAY 9th September - Noon SLT
Please arrive at least 15 minutes before start time, and have voice activated and your mic muted.
Come see the presentation.