Monday, August 12, 2024

SoCo Trallis Dances Her Walk of Fame!

 What a very special show this was, celebrating the legendary history of SouthernComfort Trallis, our beloved SoCo!  She has danced for so many years in Second Life, leads the Phoenix Dance Team, and connects the entire dance community to Lighting the Way for Autism every April.  Her love, loyalty and devotion to the virtual dance community is exemplary and inspiring.  Here we have pictures of the event that she shared with us on this past Saturday at 2pm on the Zhaza Zerbino stage at the Dance Queens sim.  Thank you SoCo for giving your time and talent to participate with the building of our historical walk!


HER SHOW

Set Fire

Disir

Trustfall

Spectrum


HER INTERVIEW

1. How and when did you find Second Life?

I found SL by another chat program that I was on at the time. A friend from that program told me about Second Life, so I thought I'd give it a try. September 9th, 2008, SouthernComfort Magic was born. Wow.. holy moley, that will make me 16 in September. I'm soooo old >.<

2. How and when did you discover virtual dance?

I don't remember exactly how I discovered dance in SL. I think I just stumbled across it to be honest. This was back in the day before Spot On, when you had to move your avatars to certain position that were marked on the stage floor. You had to memorize where you needed to go and then pray that SL loved you that day enough to move.

3. I know picking is hard, but name a few of your favorite dances that you have ever created:

A few of my favorite ones would have to be anything that I created for my son and daughter who are on the Autism Spectrum. Those hold a very special spot within my heart.. especially as the years have gone on and I have added two very special members to my dance, who I know have Autism as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjwc7KVCGqQ&ab_channel=TristanLyonesse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiKXkQYP-tA&ab_channel=TristanLyonesse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRRdoF3zpJE&ab_channel=TristanLyonesse

 Some of the ones that aren't for Autism:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Idcse5-4FA&ab_channel=TristanLyonesse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfAre6WBqkY&ab_channel=TristanLyonesse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-j_EtQiTeI&ab_channel=TristanLyonesse

4.  Did you have any mentors when you were learning to dance that you'd like to wave to?

I've never had any mentors however, there are a few Choreographers and dancers that I've always looked up to. I'm not going to name drop them as each person always brings a different style to their creation whether it's choreo, set design or costume design. Lets not forget about song selection as well. That with everything ties it together. Just know that I have noticed their creations and extreme talent.

5. What is your favorite thing about virtual dance creation?

My favorite thing would be to being a song to life. To have the audience feel the music along with the dance, the particles, flow of the outfits. How everything comes to life. There have been many times over the years, when I have created a dance, that it has actually brought me to tears once it's all put together and I watch it. I've had others in the audience message me as well to let me know how a song and/or dance has affected them. To me, that is my favorite thing.

6. What is your least favorite thing about virtual dance creation?

The last favorite thing.. that's easy.. Animations !!!! To find a good animation to go with a dance or to have  animation flow from one to the next, that, is a pain !! Don't get me wrong, animations have come a LONG way since I first started, but it's still my #1 least favorite thing.

7. What advice would you give to someone who is new to virtual dance?

Have patience and for the love of your own sanity, do NOT compare yourself to others.

That was a very very hard lesson I had to learn for myself. Everyone has their own degree of dance, their own degree of design, their own impression of how they view a song. EVERYONE is wonderful with that they create, even someone who is new. It takes A LOT of courage to get up on a stage with everyone watching, so be proud in that fact that you took a step to do that.

8. If you have your own dance troupe, please tell a little bit about it, and its history.

Phoenix was created in November 2015. We were a bunch of dancers who wanted to stay together after another dance team fell apart. Right now, the only original ones left from that team is Sebastain Bourne and myself. Over the years, we have had so many wonderful people from all over the world join Phoenix and stay with us. Some have moved on with their life and will always wish them the best of luck.

Our Motto has always been: " We're a tightly knit team of dancers and creators born from the ashes of the fiery passion we all share for dancing. We are dedicated to friendship and respect within every aspect of our lives "

It's still true till this day, 9 years later and the friendships, the bond that we have, will and can never be broken. Sure, just like any family, we might have disagreements, but at the end of the day, we are still one team.

9. What is your favorite food, favorite drink, and please tell us about any pets that you have.

I am a sucker for any type of Italian food. Favorite drink, coffee and more coffee, that right there is my weakness. Even though, i'm told i need to drink more water and tea.. not to mention any names. Pets.. I have a pyscho dog and any of you that I've been on voice with, have heard him in the background.. and I have a cat who, depending on which child you ask, has it's own unique name.

10. What activities other than dance do you enjoy?

I enjoy spending time with my husband Troy sim hopping, going out to clubs, shopping or just sitting around and talking about whatever comes up. There have been MANY times we have said we were going to bed and then before you know it, it's 2am. I enjoy taking pictures, though, I'm not nearly as good, but always learning how to do better. I love to crochet, ( shup, i know that makes me sound like a granny in a rocking chair lol ), it makes me feel close to my grandmother who passed 21 years ago.

11. Is there anything else you'd like to add?

I would like to add the with this NC, BabyPea made me think and that alone, can be dangerous. Especially when I haven't had enough coffee in my system.

With that being said, I am grateful that not only is she keeping ZZ's memory alive with the Walk of Fame, but also keeping Webby's memory alive as well by keeping Dance Queen's dance challenges doing.

As Lee Ann Womack sung back in 2009, "When you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance"


HER STAR




Congratulations SoCo Trallis!  You are a joy to the dance community of Second Life.
Thank you for all you give and share, both your creativity and your love.