You can place your group's events on the DANCE QUEENS calendar. It requires a one-time set up, then all you have to do is schedule on your own Google calendar and the events show up on the DANCE QUEENS calendar immediately.
1. Set up a Google calendar for your group's events.
* NOTE: STEPS 2 - 7 need to be done with Nottoo Wise. IM her so you can work together to complete this.
2. Open your Google calendar. In the calendar list on the left side of the page, click the right down-arrow next to the "Your Calendar" under "My Calendars" then click on "Share This Calendar."
3. In this Calendar Detail Page..make sure there is a check mark next to "Make this Calendar Public" and that the "Share this Calendar" is slightly highlighted.
4. Go to "Share with Specific people" and add the email in the blank space under "Person"
firstname.lastname@example.org and under "Permission Settings" using the down arrow apply to "Make Changes AND Manage Sharing" then SAVE and REFRESH YOUR CALENDAR.
5. Go back to your calendar and go to "Other calendars" click the right down-arrow and "Add a Friends Calendar" in the new pop up screen enter the email address of email@example.com which you will be sharing with. The SL Dance Queen Calendar will now appear under "My calendars" or 'Other calendars."
6. ADDING NEW EVENTS - Click on your chosen date and time and an Event popup window will appear. Then on Event details add all details you wish to appear. On the Calendar Drop - down menu click on SL Dance Queens Calendar to post too. SAVE. This will populate your new event on the Dance Queen Blog. (see permission settings above)
7. ADDING PREVIOUS EVENTS POSTED ON YOUR CALENDAR. Click on the event, details should already be installed. Top of the Details Page click on "More Actions" drop down menu, highight Copy to firstname.lastname@example.org and SAVE. This will populate the previous events to the SL Dance Queens Blog. SAVE and REFRESH YOUR CALENDAR.
Special Note: Google Calendar Options: Some events may duplicate on your calendar or may over populate your calendar and you may want to eliminate these by clicking on the added SLDance Queens calendar "hid" the unwanted events on your calendar.
SCHEDULE YOUR EVENTS
Once you are set up, you can schedule any event that you want on the DANCE QUEENS calendar by yourself:
ADDING NEW EVENTS - Click on your chosen date and time and an Event popup window will appear. Then on Event details add all details you wish to appear. On the Calendar Drop - down menu click on SL Dance Queens Calendar to post too. SAVE. This will populate your new event on the Dance Queen Blog.
In scheduling your events keep in mind that your shows will be on the DANCE QUEENS calendar. You may want to include the event name, your group's name and a slurl of the location in the event details.