Dancing With Props 111204
Most of us do not think about dancing with a prop, which is anything attached to our bodies beyond the normal shoes, hair, facelight, etc. or external items if used in the dancing. I don't count sets as props. Props are used sometimes for fun, like holding a beer while dancing. Other times props highlight you as a dancer, such as the use of the DANCE QUEENS Spot Light. Props have been used in shows such as the Pink Ladies using umbrellas or S*H*E using wings.
Using a prop is simple. You just attach the prop to your body or rezz it and start dancing. Of course, you do need to think about how the prop looks. Here are a few things I think about:
1. MATCHING - Does the prop match my outfit? Hahahaha, well why not?
2. PASS-THROUGH - When dancing with the prop does the prop pass through my body at any time? A pass-though makes the use of the prop less realistic. A pass-through may be appropriate for special cases, but usually detracts from the dance.
3. FEELING - Does the prop add to the feeling you are trying to project? If not, why use it?
4. SCRIPT - Does the prop have its own script? This is important because there is a priority for scripts. On one dance with a low priority you may be holding the beer without spilling a drop. On another dance with a high priority you may be pouring beer all over yourself and the floor.
5. MOVEMENT - Does the prop move? SL movement allows for flexibility. Moving props may add to the look or may detract. Movement adds to lag.
There are many things that can be used as props. Here are some freebies that are permission free so you can modify them. Some have scripts in them. Also some of these are mentioned in DANCE QUEENS Dance Sequences. All are in the Props Container in the Free Stuff Box.
- DANCE QUEENS acoustic guitar
- DANCE QUEENS Broom
- DANCE QUEENS Beer
- DANCE QUEENS Bouncer
- DANCE QUEENS Cage
- DANCE QUEENS Chair
- DANCE QUEENS Cigar
- DANCE QUEENS Cigarette with Filter
- DANCE QUEENS Concert Lighter
- DANCE QUEENS Conductor's Baton
- DANCE QUEENS Dance Fans L and R
- DANCE QUEENS Dance Jewel
- DANCE QUEENS Dance Pole (Color Changing)
- DANCE QUEENS Dance Table
- DANCE QUEENS DJ Booth
- DANCE QUEENS Green Mohawk
- DANCE QUEENS Headphone
- DANCE QUEENS old barrel
- DANCE QUEENS Massage Table
- DANCE QUEENS Microphone
- DANCE QUEENS Pot (wear me)
- DANCE QUEENS Paparazzi
- DANCE QUEENS red rose
- DANCE QUEENS Sea Fan
- DANCE QUEENS Shower
- DANCE QUEENS Sponge
- DANCE QUEENS Standing Microphone
- DANCE QUEENS Stomping Grapes
- DANCE QUEENS Ultra Rave Pole (L)
- DANCE QUEENS Umbrella
- DANCE QUEENS Voodoo Mask
- DANCE QUEENS Spotlight
- DANCE QUEENS wings left forearm and right