Fantasy Faire is coming!
We are looking for groups who would like to perform at Fantasy Faire 2016. The Faire runs for ten days - April 22nd to.May 1st. We have openings for about ten different performers/groups to present shows on alternate days.
Here are the guidelines:
* We ask for a show reflecting this year's theme, which is simply "Stories." The performance needs to have a "red thread" - a storyline - so not a variety type of show, but more along the lines of theater.
* We ask you to commit to performing between two and five shows during the Faire at scheduled times between 10 am SLT through 9 pm SLT.. We'll work with you to find the best times for you.
* Ideally, your show should be about an hour long. We'll have three-hour cycles for the shows on these days to allow for sim restarts, setup, show and clean up, so it's important to be ready according to the schedule.
* We recommend limiting the performers and crew to about 15 maximum. These shows will likely attract a large audience and there is a risk of heavy lag, so please help us work within those limitations.
* The performance stage will be on a sim that will be built only a couple of days before we get access (that's the nature of the Faire schedule), and there will be limited time to set up your show. However, there will be a stage template available earlier to work with. Because the sim is also an art installation, we ask that your set(s) blend into it, be part of it in some way. More details on this later to those interested..
* No nudity/stripping or disrespectful subject matter, please.
* Fantasy Faire is a Relay for Life event - all proceeds go to this charity (as part of the Faire, there won't be an admission charge for your shows, but you may collect tips). The Faire is one of the biggest events of this kind in SL - artists, designers, and performers of all kinds come together to celebrate and take part. The event gets excellent coverage both inworld and out and is a great way to reach audiences outside the ordinary spectrum.
* Interested? Up for the challenge? Good! Fill out the application notecard attached below and send it to Aelva Resident by February 29, 2016.
Please fill out the following info and send to Aelva.
Troop Leaders gmail:
Any additional info:
Preferred Days and times:
(April 22nd - May 1st, 10 am - 9pm slt)
Thank you for your application, we will get back to you at end of February with further details:)
*If your group is selected to perform, we'll let you know by the first week of March, so you'll have about a month and a half to plan your show.
Field of Dreams
4 hours ago