DANCE QUEENS Restructuring - Update 1 130222
This note is an update on the restructuring of DANCE QUEENS as announced here.
Diddy Hyun, Naiki Muliaina and Zhaza Zerbino have decided to run for the leadership of DANCE QUEENS as a group. The condition they set was that they run not as individuals rather as a group. If they win the election, all three will serve. If they do not win and come in second or third, none will serve. The logic they gave me is that none of the three has the time to do it alone, but together they do, and they will definitely work as a team.
I had not anticipated a threesome running, but decided to accept this idea. So they are candidates who will serve only if they win the most votes.
If you want to run for the leadership of DANCE QUEENS, please send your name, a 50-word or less bio, and a 50-word or less vision to me by 12 noon on February 28. If I receive no more candidates, Diddy, Naiki and Zhaza will be the new leaders.
All bios and vision statements will be published on February 28.
So far, four people have volunteered to manage different aspects of DANCE QUEENS. Here is the list so far:
DANCE GROUPS - Keep up to date the list of SL Dance Groups on a once a month basis or when contacted. This takes about 30 minutes a month.
Babypea (PocketPusssy Bikergrrl)
Both volunteered and I will meet with them to see if they want to work as a team or only one should do it.
DANCE CALENDAR - So far we have not found a solution for this, but there are some ideas if anyone wants to give it a try.
Babypea (PocketPusssy Bikergrrl)
DANCE SEQUENCES - This is a teaching tool aimed at beginning dancers and can require two to three hours a week to develop sequences and create the note cards.
DANCE MAKERS AND DANCE EQUIPMENT MAKERS - Keep up-to-date the list of MOCAP Dance Makers, non-MOCAP Dance and Animation Makers, Dance Equipment Makers and the Illegal Dance List.
NEW DANCES AND DANCE EQUIPMENT - This requires someone who can join all the MOCAP Dance Maker Groups and report every time a new dance or new/revised dance equipment is released.SexyS Quintessa
DANCE CLASSES for the Barre Hud
DANCE CENTRAL - As of March 30 I will no longer host Dance Central on my island and will no longer provide space for dance groups to practice or put on shows. Dance Central needs some attention in terms of what is there but the idea is a good one for showing people equipment, freebies, theaters and many of the tangible things of our virtual dance world.
DANCE DATABASE - There are over 10,000 dances and animations in the database now which is a Microsoft Access Database. Adding new dances and animations to the database and publishing the data regularly so members can use it...SexyS Quintessa
Many thanks to Marissa, Babypea, Lorraine and SexyS for taking on these responsibilities. I will meet with them in March to get them trained. They will join
DANCING VIDEOS AND PHOTOS - Skyspinner Soulstar
BLOG COLUMNISTS - Yummy, Diawa Bellic
There are still responsibilities to be managed and they are:
- DANCE SHOW/GROUP PUBLICITY - This requires posting the announcements of any dance group's performance on the blog as well as keeping the list of dance websites updated and takes 0 to 30 minutes a day.
- DANCE MISCELLANEOUS - This includes things like keeping updated information on dance costumes and props, managing the distribution of dance freebies, answering questions on the Dance Q&A, updating the Dance Terminology and keeping up-to-date the Who's Who in Dancing. This takes maybe an hour a week.
- THE WEBSITE AND DAILY NOTICE - This is the main means of communicating with the DANCE QUEENS Group. If there are volunteers to do the items listed above, the main role will be to keep the look of the website fresh and appealing and to organize the and send the Daily Notices. This should take about 30 minutes a day.
- DANCE CLASSES - (NOTE: Marissa will do Barre HUD classes, but the rest described here is still not covered.) We have classes about once a quarter on Freestyle and Sequenced Choreography. We have had classes on many of the types of equipment used, such as the DB System, the DanceMaster and the XPOSE. We have had classes on theatrical productions. The series that Rachael Young is doing now on scripting is another example. All of these classes are aimed at developing or enhancing the skills of dancers in SL. Organizing the classes, developing the content and teaching the classes needs to be managed. This can take several hours when it's done. Also, deciding what classes are needed is part of this role and requires paying attention to new technologies and providing information on them.
- DANCE DEMONSTRATIONS - We have had a lot of demonstrations to help dancers see how dancing is done. Examples include Choreography Show I and Choreography Show II in which the details behind the dances were explained by the performers. Also, the series of articles on How to Switch from the Huddles to the Barre HUD and How to Put on a Dance Show are examples. These are specific 'How to ...' examples.
- THE "HOW TO ..." LIST - The "How To ..." section of the website is intended as a reference section to help get information about specific aspects of dancing. This section needs to be managed and updated.
- DANCE CURRICULUM - A nascent effort by Barbara Collazo has been made on creating a dance curriculum to have on-going classes.
- MANAGING SPECIAL PROJECTS - !. The Dance Festival, 2. The Cuties, 3. Analysis of movement and positioning systems.
DANCE QUEENS is becoming the community effort I had hoped it would. There is still room for you to give back to DANCE QUEENS a bit of what it has given to you. If you want to volunteer, please IM me.