2012/04/07

DANCE QUEENS Choreography Show III

DANCE QUEENS Choreography Show III (120407)

We have had two successful DANCE QUEENS Choreography Shows. Choreography Show I featured individual dancing and Choreography Show II demonstrated couples dancing. I am planning on our annual DANCE QUEENS Dance Festival in July, so I think there is time for another Choreography Show before the big festival takes all of our time.

In the DANCE QUEENS March survey the comment was made for more member involvement and more "hands-on" help with dancing. This has given me an idea for the next Choreography Show III to be for dancers who have not danced in a show managing their own choreography and HUD ... a novice show. A novice may have danced in a show before but only on someone else's HUD with someone else's choreography. To make it successful I want to pair each Choreography Show III participant with an experienced dancer, i.e. a mentor who will provide advice and help to the new performer.

I am planning the show for Saturday, 28 April, at 2:00 pm. Each performer will have 10 minutes to perform. We will use a stage arrangement like we did for the Choreography Show II with a central audience area and four stages surrounding it. Streaming will be done by Riddle.

If you are interested in performing, please send a note card to me with your name, your desired time between 2 pm and 3:30 pm, whether you want to perform using freestyle or sequenced choreography and whether you will dance alone or with a partner (no groups please). We will video the show and afterwards ask the performers to give a short statement of what they learned and wished they had learned, which I will put in the blog.

If you are interested in being a mentor, send a note card to me with your name and type of dancing (freestyle, sequenced, couples) you are willing to help with. Mentors will provide 1 to 3 hours of help, but cannot participate in the actual performance. I will be a mentor for either freestyle or sequenced choreography.

Once I have the list of performers and mentors, I will match them and provide additional information to both. If there are not enough mentors for those who want to perform, I will ask people I know who are talented performers and use my powers of persuasion to get volunteers.

This is an opportunity for beginners to get more involved in dancing and overcome the fear and effort needed to perform in front of others. The audience will be other dancers, which is the toughest dance audience in SL, but it will be a supportive group. This is your chance to learn.

xxx

Nottoo

0 comments:

Post a Comment