Thursday, December 8, 2011

DANCE QUEENS Choreography Show I


DANCE QUEENS Choreography Show I (111201)

On 26 November 2011 we held the first DANCE QUEENS Choreography Show. Ten choreographers from the DANCE QUEENS Group demonstrated one dance each and shared details of the freestyle dances or dance sequences they used. This note includes videos (by Riddle) of all the performances and the details that each dancer provided.

=================

CHOREOGRAPHER AND DANCER
Nottoo Wise

TITLE
Cunumicita


MUSIC
Cunumicita by Ariel Ramirez and Jaime Torres

SEQUENCE (also published as Dance Sequence 301)
*AMIMATION* Look Back Pose_014
[NAME]Cunumicita|Lemon Female|49.5|Orange Female|23.5|Desire Female|48|Apple Female|23.5|Lemon Female|23|*AMIMATION* Look Back Pose_003


DANCE SOURCES
AMIMATION
*AMIMATION* Look Back Pose_003
*AMIMATION* Look Back Pose_014
Sine Wave

Lemon Female - in the couples dance
Orange Female - in the couples dance
Desire Female - in the couples dance
Apple Female - in the couples dance


COMMENTS BY THE CHOREOGRAPHER
I wanted to give the feeling of my native Argentine Tango ... the passion ... the sensuality. The opening is with a pose (*AMIMATION* Look Back Pose_014) and the sequence begins after the fourth beat when the drum begins. I love the movement of the legs in these dances while the arms are almost stationary, except on the third music change. Here the desire is in full force with fleeting eye contact, body movement and innuendo. The dance ends with a return to distant sensuality and finally a backward glance.


Details of the choreography are here.

If you want to perform this sequence, here are the stage, the Spot Light, and the LMs for the clothing and hair. (These are included in the notecard of this sequence.)

VIDEO

====================

CHOREOGRAPHER AND DANCER
Diawa Bellic

TITLE
Vogue


MUSIC
Vogue  by Madonna

FREESTYLE
Absynth_018
GOGO_F_003
S4D_Styling_01_135
VISTA-BPunk-3
*Freestyle Parade
*No Lyrics
*Startin' Somethin'
*Pure Sass
*2Cute 4U
*Cabaret
*Pop Star
f_dance_73
S4D_WAVE_285
*PYT
*Fancy Free
Finish_03


DANCE SOURCES
A&M

*Freestyle Parade
*No Lyrics
*Startin' Somethin'
*Pure Sass
*2Cute 4U
*Cabaret
*Pop Star
*PYT
*Fancy Free
*My Sassy Girl
Henmations

Absynth_018
GOGO_F_003
f_dance_73
Studio4D

S4D_Styling_01_135
S4D_WAVE_285
Finish_03
Vista

VISTA-BPunk-3

COMMENTS BY THE CHOREOGRAPHER
Choreographing a song  the way i do is some what simple. There's few things i do and not necessarily in this order.
1..Play the song and run threw your dances, find the animations you feel (some think) fit the song,and list of them on a note card. I try to get at least 8 on that list.
2.. If the music has lyrics, I go to a website and copy them on to a note card in world.

So now i have 2 cards like so


For the most part music/songs are put together using a,[Intro] [Verse] [chorus]and most will place a [bridge]and or [solo

So..with my 2 lists ill start copying and paste the dances to the sections mentioned above. Theres a little variation with different songs..but thats it basically.

VIDEO


====================

CHOREOGRAPHER AND DANCER
Cilla Teebrook

TITLE
VooDoo Satin Dolls


MUSICVooDoo Satin Dolls by The Beat Daddy's
 

SEQUENCE (also published as Dance Sequence 302)
[NAME]VooDooSatinDoll|SolFlyDoubleDoubleLP|8|dz320-Stand.N|4|Becky - steamy1|13|butterfly blade copy|20|My-SENSUAL-08|20|My-SENSUAL-44|20|VAPF30|6|bellydance7|15|bellydance13|15|D1057-Stand.N|2|andalucia|15|animalia|14|attention_f_7|14|[GO]5
D0309-Hover.D|6|D0366-Hover.U|6|ao_milan_stand_1|9|turkish style|12|S4D_flamenco_82|15|FallenAngelFlyDown|6|FallenAngelTurnLeft|5|Curtsy|2|Curtsy|2|Flirt LOOPED
[NAME]STAND|circus trapeze hang


DANCE SOURCES
Abranimations
Curtsy
Flirt LOOPED  

Animation Warehouse
SolFlyDoubleDoubleLP
Creative Insanity
FallenAngelFlyDown
FallenAngelTurnLeft

Extreme
bellydance7
bellydance13
turkish style

Kuso
D1057-Stand.N
D0309-Hover.D
D0366-Hover.U

Sine Wave
andalucia   
animalia
ao_milan_stand_1
attention_f_7    (from couple dance ‘Center of Attention’)

Studio4D
S4D_flamenco_82
Vista
VAPF30  

COMMENTS BY THE CHOREOGRAPHER
The image called ‘Umbrella Dance’ and the tune ‘Voodoo Satin Dolls’ inspired this dance.
I used it for one of our Circus scenes. I like to use Google Documents to create my sequenses. I have just the right tools: charactor count, line numbering, sharing with others to View or View & Edit, and much more. How I use Google Documents to make Choregraphing easier for me will be found on the Blog.


VIDEO

====================

CHOREOGRAPHER AND DANCER
Diddy Hyun

TITLE
Rising Sun

MUSIC
House of the Rising Sun by Haley Reinhart

SEQUENCE (also published as Dance Sequence 303)
[NAME]RISINGSUN|dz672-Sit.G (Adult)|1|SLCcrouch(15)109adct(P4)|3|SLCST(15)112adct(P4)|5.3|d&s_04|8|Contemporary Slow - Abranimations|24.7|*El Layali|29|GOGO_N_005|8|[GO]2
[NAME]RISING SUN|GOGO_K_01|28.5|My-SENSUAL-78|16.4|Freestyle Jazz 3 - Abranimations|22.5|*Francisco/Francisca|18.5|forgive me|25.5|D0194-Crouch (Adult)|2.6|dz757-Crouch (Adult)|2.6|D0597-Crouch (Adult)


DANCE SOURCES
3FX

forgive me
A&M
*Francisco/Francisca
*El Layali
Abranimations
Contemporary Slow - Abranimations
Freestyle Jazz 3 - Abranimations
AO Animation
SLCcrouch(15)109adct(P4)
SLCST(15)112adct(P4)
Henmationsd&s_04
GOGO_K_01
GOGO_N_005
Kuso
dz672-Sit.G (Adult)
D0194-Crouch (Adult)
dz757-Crouch (Adult)
D0597-Crouch (Adult)
MyAnimation
My-SENSUAL-78


COMMENTS BY THE CHOREOGRAPHER
THIS IS A DANCE CHOREOGRAHED TO THE SONG HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN BY HALEY REINHART.
MY CHOICE OF SONG TODAY HAS A FEW DIFFERENT TEMPO CHANGES. AFTER LISTENING TO THE SONG QUITE A FEW TIMES I STARTED TO PREPARE MY DANCE TRYING TO MAKE IT AS DRAMATIC AS THE SONG, I ADDED A FEW ANNIMATIONS AT THE BEGINNING TO MAKE THE DANCE FEEL AS IT WAS TELLING THE STORY OF THE SONG.

VIDEO

====================

CHOREOGRAPHER AND DANCER
Bubs Xurina (bubble.roffo)

TITLE
SANTANA

MUSIC
SANTANA BY SMOOTH

SEQUENCE (also published as Dance Sequence 304)
dz518-Stand.N (Adult)
[NAME]SANTANA|*Courtesan|24|Amaretto TIS|18.2|double cream|22.3|VA_BC_Dance02|20|touch me|20|My-SENSUAL-36 |21|GOGO_F_004|20|S4D_ghiphop_67|31.5|[GO]4
[NAME]SANTANA|f_162_the_wobble2_29.799|26.5|*Fancy Free* A&M Dance|17.5|dz382-Jump.N|2|dz732-Stand.N (Adult)


DANCE SOURCES
A&M
*Courtesan
*Fancy Free
Abranimations
touch me
Henmations

GOGO_F_004
f_162_the_wobble2_29.799
Kuso
dz382-Jump.N
dz732-Stand.N
MyAnimation
My-SENSUAL-36
Sine Wave
double cream
Studio4D

S4D_hiphop_67
There in Spirit
Amaretto TIS
Vista

VA_BC_Dance02

COMMENTS BY THE CHOREOGRAPHER
None

VIDEO

====================

CHOREOGRAPHER AND DANCER
Iliandra Allen

TITLE
PSYCHO KILLER

MUSIC
Psycho Killer by the Talking Heads

SEQUENCE (also published as Dance Sequence 305)
[NAME]PSYCHO|Ola_Dance_14_HUMANOID|29.30|Ola_Dance_01_HUMANOID|26.7|Ola_Dance_11_HUMANOID|25.2|Ola_Dance_23_HUMANOID|23.70|Ola_Dance_14_HUMANOID|29.30|[GO]2
[NAME]PSYCHO 2|Ola_Dance_08_HUMANOID|25.7|My-POP Dance-18|21.88|My-POP Dance-07|24.12|My-HOUSE Dance-19|23.69|Ola_Dance_09_HUMANOID|22.2|Gung fu02


DANCE SOURCES
HUMANOID
Ola_Dance_14_HUMANOID
Ola_Dance_01_HUMANOID
Ola_Dance_11_HUMANOID
Ola_Dance_23_HUMANOID
Ola_Dance_14_HUMANOID
Ola_Dance_08_HUMANOID
Ola_Dance_09_HUMANOID
MyAnimation
My-POP Dance-18
My-POP Dance-07
My-HOUSE Dance-19

Gung fu02

COMMENTS BY THE CHOREOGRAPHER
None
VIDEO
:-( Unfortunately we had problems with this video on YouTube ... sorry Ili and all of you ... it's a stunning performance.
====================

CHOREOGRAPHER AND DANCER
Ric Lyle

TITLE
Dance Session No. 1

MUSIC
Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars

FREESTYLE (in order)
My-SLOW Dance-02
*Open Book
*El Layali
*Antonio/Antonia
*Dance with Me
*Dreamweave
*Frozen Fire
*Twist-n-Flow
wide and bendy
My-DISCO Dance-11
out of my head
My-R&B Dance-08
My-POP Dance-09
My-POP Dance-02
My-DISCO Dance-24
My-DISCO Dance-12
m_dance_80


DANCE SOURCESA&M
*Open Book
*El Layali
*Antonio/Antonia
*Dance with Me
*Dreamweaver
*Frozen Fire
*Twist-n-Flow
Henmations

m_dance_80
MyAnimation
My-SLOW Dance-02
My-DISCO Dance-11
My-R&B Dance-08
My-POP Dance-09
My-POP Dance-02
My-DISCO Dance-24
My-DISCO Dance-12
Sine Wave

wide and bendy
out of my head


COMMENTS BY THE CHOREOGRAPHER
Hello.  My name  is Ric Lyle.
I'm going to start inviting everyone I can see to dance on my hud with me for the next 10 minutes or so. Accept if you'd like.
Today I am going to show you how I approach dancing in SL. I know some of what I will say you already know, but you might find something useful
It's a little crowded here so try to give yourself as much room as you can. Let me know if you want to go for a ride, lol.
 I am a free style dancer. I've never developed a sequenced dance routine.
To me, dancing in SL, or developing a dance routine starts with the music. The music is everything! You have to "feel it" inside.
Any routine that I develop is "timed" to the music; dance animations, costume changes, story, and special effects.
However, I am not so perfect, or practice enough, that I will perform a routine exactly the same every time, especially when it comes to changing dance animations.
So once I determine the music I will be using, I start trying dance animations that I think will work for the music, primarily in terms of tempo.
I generally separate music and animations into three categories: 1) slow tempo, 2) medium temp, and 3) fast tempo.

 I generally use about 3-5 dance animation per song, depending upon how much other stuff (costume changes, storytelling, or special effects) is also occurring during the song.
 I never use the same animation twice during a routine, and I am fairly faithful about keeping up on the dances at my favorite animation stores.
Once I've narrowed down the dances for a routine I ensure that they will be performed in the right order and develop a good sense of when I will switch animations as the music plays.
I generally only use 1-3 loops of a dance animation before I change animations.
I try to change animations when the dance animation is close to "center" to avoid a lot of "herky-jerky" movements. But I am not so perfect in this, lol.
When dancing a group of other dancers on my hud, I follow the same process as above in developing a routine.
However, I prefer to keep all dancer physically close together in order to increase the likelihood that all of us will appear in sync. I also change animation frequently, again to increase visual synchronization.
Let's just dance for a few minutes.

That my friends is all I have to say today. Thank you for listening and for allowing me to control your bodies, lol

VIDEO

====================

CHOREOGRAPHER AND DANCER
Felicia Ibanez

TITLE
Don't Look Back

MUSIC
Don't Look Back

FREESTYLE (in order)
dz615-Stand.N
*All my Glory
*Alejandro/Alejandra
*With the Flow
SPIRIT Ballet Swan Lake Pose 2
Contemporary Sky Dance
cherry pips
izzy wizzy
*Alejando/Alejandra
*Victor/Victoria
*With the Flow
dz753-Jump.N


DANCE SOURCES
A&M

*All my Glory
*Alejandro/Alejandra
*With the Flow
*Alejando/Alejandra
*Victor/Victoria
*With the Flow
Abranimations

Contemporary Sky Dance
Kuso

dz615-Stand.N
dz753-Jump.N
Sine Wave
cherry pips
izzy wizzy
SPIRIT

SPIRIT Ballet Swan Lake Pose 2

COMMENTS BY THE CHOREOGRAPHER
Most of my routines are freestyle.
First, I find song(s) with lyrics that inspire me.
Then, I look for dance animations that can support a phrase or phrases in the song(s).
For this routine today, Don't Look Back, you will see how the dance aos I chose compliement phrases in this song.
My choreography for this routine was performed as a group. For today, I have adjusted the routine to be performed as a solo.
In the beginning of the song there our 4 Don't Look Back refrains. So each of the 4 dancers turned to face the audience after each refrain.
Another example, after Abranimations Sky Dance, the phrase in the song says "down to the ground".
Fortunately, the Sky Dance ao fit real well with cherry pips - Sine Wave
The theme of this routine: live a life with no regrets; dont look back at your mistakes.
The choreography is based on RL Cirque du Soleil and was performed by Fusion Dance Crew's production of "The Circus".
So look for those dance aos in the routine that support phrases/lyrics of this awesome song and ENJOY:))


VIDEO


====================

CHOREOGRAPHER AND DANCER
Incognito (winniefred)

TITLE
Poker Face


MUSIC
Poker Face
 

SEQUENCE (also published as Dance Sequence 306)
[NAME]Poker face|*AMIMATION* Stand Pose_051|1|VA_GAGA_Idle|8|look at me|8|VA_GAGA_Dance08|39|VA_GAGA_Dance08|32|VA_GAGA_Dance01|15.5|VA_GAGA_Dance08|32|VA_GAGA_Dance03|7.8|VA_GAGA_Dance02|15|VA_GAGA_Dance01|48|VA_GAGA_Dance08|23|Thank_you1|5|

DANCE SOURCESAMIMATION
*AMIMATION* Stand Pose_051
Studio4D
Thank_you1
Sine Wave
look at me
Vista
VA_GAGA_Idle
VA_GAGA_Dance08
VA_GAGA_Dance08
VA_GAGA_Dance01
VA_GAGA_Dance08
VA_GAGA_Dance03
VA_GAGA_Dance02
VA_GAGA_Dance01
VA_GAGA_Dance08


COMMENTS BY THE CHOREOGRAPHER
 I don't look like me.....I look like Lady Gaga :)
So, um I ad this moment where I wanted to do a lady gaga thing...so I had the vista Gaga series....
and then I went shopping for some Gaga duds
and now you all get to see the result of my working out my inner freak!
 I really have to say that Vista hit the nail on the head with these anmations
But this vinyl is hot!
heehee

VIDEO

====================

CHOREOGRAPHER AND DANCER
Mily Sandalwood

TITLE
MastersDance

MUSIC
Chloe Agnew - To Where You Are

SEQUENCE (also published as Dance Sequence 307)
[NAME}MastersDance|*My Offering|25.1|*Mysti|22.8|*White Silk|26.2|*Tahiyya|22.06|*My Turn|29|Burlesque-2|25.8|Burlesque-3|26.0*Sweet Sugarplum|26.6|bump n gring copy|2.5|f_dance_11|17.5|

DANCE SOURCES
A&M

*My Offering
*Mysti|22.8|
*White Silk|26.2|
*Tahiyya|22.06|
*My Turn|29|
*Sweet Sugarplum|26.6|
Henmationsf_dance_11|17.5|
Ministry of Motion
Burlesque-2|25.8|
Burlesque-3|26.0
Sine Wave
bump n grind copy|2.5|


COMMENTS BY THE CHOREOGRAPHER
Chloe Agnew - To Where You Are  song can be found on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQfbwa9L4Dk
This song was brought to my attention recently by a friend. My much loved secondlife partner (my Master for those of you familiar with such) passed away in real life September 2nd 2011. This sequence seemed to just dream itself up for me as I listened with tears to the music.  (rest in peace Samos Madrigal)

VIDEO

====================

Many thanks to the choreographers who shared their know-how and dancing with us. Also, thanks to Riddle for DJing, announcing and making the videos.

xxx
Nottoo

No comments:

Post a Comment